Quantcast
Don't Miss
Home / News Story / Heat Death In Group Home Leads To $500K Settlement

Heat Death In Group Home Leads To $500K Settlement

Relatives of a woman who died of heat exposure in a group home have settled their Jackson County case for $500,000. A malfunctioning boiler at Benton House in Kansas City caused temperatures to spike to over 120 degrees in October 2003, leading to the death of 49-year-old resident Augustine Montgomery. Liability seemed clear to the family's attorney, ...
Order Reprints

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*