The staff of Missouri Lawyers Weekly won seven awards in the 2017 Missouri Associated Press Media Editors newswriting and photography competition — including a first-place finish in the graphics category.
The awards were presented Thursday in Jefferson City.
“I am extremely proud of our showing among our peers in Missouri journalism,” said editor Cindi Lash. “It’s indicative of the strong work our team at Missouri Lawyers Media produces every day.”
Contest entries came from 19 newspapers, reflecting a total of 429 news, business, sports and feature stories, editorials, photos and graphics published in 2017.
Missouri Lawyers Weekly winners include:
- First place, graphics: “Breaking through the School-to-Prison Pipeline,” by Ryan O’Shea
- Second place, graphics: “CLE Postcard from Cuba,” by Ryan O’Shea
- Second place, spot news: “Appellate Court Vacates $72M Talc Verdict Over Jurisdiction,” by Catherine Martin
- Second place, best website: molawyersmedia.com, Allyssa Dudley
- Third place, feature writing: “Attorney has Moon Shot Case in the Bag,” by Scott Lauck
- Third place, spot news: “Order Adds Fuel to Defender Caseload Woes,” by Scott Lauck
- Third place, spot news photo: “Stockley Protest,” by Allyssa Dudley