Recent Articles from Heather Cole
Liz Stajduhar-Perigen and James Scott Brown both cooperated with prosecutors unraveling a $52.5 million Ponzi scheme. Both testified at the criminal trial of Martin Sigillito, the St. Louis County attorney and cleric who led the conspiracy.
A seven-member federal judicial panel has heard arguments on everything from the number of elevators in Las Vegas to the location of the chocolate capital of the world when deciding on whether and where to centralize cases with the same defendants and similar issues under a single judge.
On its June 18cover, Time magazine declared U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy was “The Decider,” on issues from gay marriage to the Affordable Health Care Act.
John Ammann has 18 years’ experience as the director of Saint Louis University School of Law Legal Clinics, but you wouldn’t know it to look at his reported hourly billing rate.
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane