Recent Articles from Heather Cole
A Cape Girardeau judge ruled today that the parents of a woman found dead in August Busch IV’s home last year can’t join the lawsuit as parties.
A hearing is set for this afternoon in Cape Girardeau on the settlement of a wrongful death suit brought by the son of a woman who died in August Busch IV’s home late last year.
Attorneys for A.G. Edwards will defend a settlement worth tens of millions of dollars Wednesday in appeals court.
Contrary to the impression given by a widely reported judge’s order, plaintiffs’ attorneys in a securities case get along well with the other side, one of the plaintiffs’ attorneys said today.
Remember back in 2004 when corporate counsel launched their carrot-and-stick approach to diversity at law firms? In-house legal departments promised to reward, or punish, law firms depending on their diversity efforts. But corporations haven’t doled out many carrots nor lashed out often with their sticks, according to a new report.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Missouri Lawyers Media’s legal coverage commended
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers