Recent Articles from Heather Cole
John Ernst, a certified public accountant who cast his vote at the same polling place, said he voted not to retain one judge, St. Louis County Family Court Associate Judge Dennis Smith.
Two women who each have served more than 30 years in prison after convictions in their husbands’ deaths walked out of Missouri prisons today.
It’s been a good year in the courts for businessman William Halliburton. An appeals court today reversed a more than $400,000 judgment against Halliburton and his Halliburton Financial Services in a loan and tax case. The decision follows a $4.2 million verdict in April for the businessman in an unrelated case over the demise of […]
The supply of Missouri lawyers was replenished last week when hundreds of new attorneys were sworn in, but their number was down compared to last year.
State Sen. Jolie Justus and Stinson Morrison Hecker partner Lana Knedlik are among the first named to the National LGBT Bar Association's list of the Best Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Lawyers under the age of 40.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar
- Legal Limelight: Bill Bay, Partner, Thompson Coburn, St. Louis
- NIL new to college world, but not novel