Recent Articles from Kelly Wiese
Most civil litigation attorneys focus on either plaintiff or defense representation. That’s the side they prefer, or where their experience has led them. But what happens when, through an odd fluke or a favor to a friend, they find themselves representing the other side at a trial?
In this latest installment, Missouri Lawyers Media looked at how verdicts and settlements are shaping up so far in 2012, and we found several of the top plaintiff verdicts and settlements involve workplace or environmental issues.
Retired teacher Ruth Nishida was diagnosed with cancer in 2007. She blames Monsanto for her illness, but a St. Louis County judge ruled against her.
A state appeals court decided a Kansas City law firm did a good job obtaining a class action settlement from Volkswagen — but not $6 million good.
A Clay County jury has returned a $4.1 million verdict against Chad Franklin and his car dealership in a state Merchandising Practices Act case.
A nonprofit insurance industry group recently issued a report that found fraudulent slip-and-fall claims were on the rise, and it said Missouri moved into the top 10 states nationally with questionable claims.
A woman who sued a business, claiming the Girls Gone Wild video-makers used her image without permission, won nearly $6 million in a recent bench trial in St. Louis.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar