Recent Articles from Nicholas Phillips and Scott Lauck
It’s been a slow year for the Missouri Supreme Court. As of the court’s last scheduled handdown of the year on Dec. 18, the high court had issued 63 written opinions. It is the lowest calendar-year total since at least 2001, according to a database of Supreme Court opinions maintained by Missouri Lawyers Media. The […]
The Missouri Court of Appeals Western District on Sept. 4 upheld a jury award of $3.8 million to a couple in Holt County whose farm was ravaged by floodwater after a railroad embankment collapsed. Thomas and Dana Tubbs had sued BNSF Railway Company in 2012 in the wake of the property damage, which had occurred […]
A St. Louis jury returned a verdict of $4.69 billion on July 12 for a group of women who alleged they contracted ovarian cancer from Johnson & Johnson-brand powder. The award is among the largest in state history.
Former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens won’t face a new felony charge, a special prosecutor announced Friday.
Seven terse paragraphs lock in the agreement that St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner signed with former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens on May 30 to dismiss a felony case against him in exchange for his leaving office.
St. Louis Circuit Judge Rex Burlison ruled Thursday morning that prosecutors had displayed “sanctionable” behavior in their case against Missouri Governor Eric Greitens for felony invasion of privacy, but he declined to grant the defense’s request for dismissal.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar
- Legal Limelight: Bill Bay, Partner, Thompson Coburn, St. Louis
- NIL new to college world, but not novel