Recent Articles from Scott Andera
These opinions were released by the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
In 2020, award winners, lawyers running into trouble and — of course, COVID-19 — drew the most attention from readers on molawyersmedia.com. Here are the 10 most-viewed stories on our website in the past year.
Of all of the admirable traits Jackson County Deputy County Counselor Ashley N. Garrett has shown throughout her career, perseverance has to be atop the list. In her five years with the Jackson County Counselor’s office, Garrett has tried three civil jury trials as first chair, tried several as second chair, successfully handled numerous litigation […]
In her 30 years working for Kansas City, recently retired City Attorney Cecilia Abbott has compiled an impressive list of career highlights, not the least of which has been a persistent push to help other women succeed in the city’s law department. When Abbott was hired in 1990 as an assistant city attorney out of […]
Like many successful attorneys, Ida S. Shafaie said she knew from an early age she wanted to be involved in the law. Not too many of those attorneys created artwork to show that, however. “At some point in elementary school, in one of those projects where you tell people what you think you’ll be doing, […]
After spending more than a decade as a successful prosecuting attorney for the city of St. Joseph, Rebecca L. Spencer decided it was time to go all-out for a longtime goal of hers.
Get Judge Sandra Farragut-Hemphill talking about her career, and through the many highlights, one subject is certain to come up: service.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Supreme Court hears challenge to KC police funding
- Missouri Lawyers Media’s legal coverage commended
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm