Littler named Colleen Vetter as senior counsel in its St. Louis office. She joined from Deloitte and previously served as director of the Workers’ Compensation Division at the Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Hallie Bodamer has joined Graves Garrett as an associate. Her practice will focus on complex commercial litigation, government investigations and white-collar criminal defense.
The 16th Circuit Judicial Commission has nominated three people for a vacancy on the Jackson County Circuit Court.
Greensfelder has hired Ryan Gordon as an associate in its business services group at the firm’s St. Louis office.
Former Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt has joined Husch Blackwell as a partner in its technology, manufacturing and transportation industry group.
Gov. Mike Parson on Aug. 18 appointed five judges across the state, including two nonpartisan selections for the Greene County Circuit Court and two newly created judicial positions in elected circuits.
The Greene County Circuit Court en banc has chosen Holly A. Clouse as the circuit’s new probate commissioner.
Jeremiah “Jer” Nixon has joined The Simon Law Firm in St. Louis.
The St. Louis Bar Foundation elected Judge Jason Sengheiser and Morgan Murphy to its board of directors during its July 2023 meeting.
About 100 high school interns visited the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis in August for a St. Louis Internship Program professional development day that included tips on career planning, networking and a trip to nearby Busch Stadium.
Armstrong Teasdale named Partner Untress “Trez” Quinn managing attorney of the firm’s Edwardsville, Illinois, office effective Aug. 1.
Judicial commissions in Platte and St. Louis counties are preparing to interview a total of 29 candidates for three judicial vacancies.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar