Jackson v. State Board of Nursing (MLW No. 80461/Case No. WD85431 – 12 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Pfeiffer, J.) Appealed from circuit court, Cole County, Beetem, J. (Kevin Stuart Cavanaugh, Overland Park, KS for respondent) (Kevin Hall, Jefferson City, for appellant).
Smith v. Kijakazi (MLW No. 80439/Case No. 22-3492 – 2 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, per curiam) Appealed from U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, Marshall, J.
Morehouse Enterprises, LLC v. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (MLW No. 80427/Case No. 22-2812 – 10 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Melloy, J.) Appealed from U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota, Welte, J. (Robert Jeffrey Olson, Vienna, VA argued for appellant) (Sean Janda, Washington, D.C. argued for appellee).
Ciesemier v. Director of Department of Public Safety (MLW No. 80376/Case No. WD85770 – 10 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Witt, J.) Appealed from circuit court, Cole County, Stumpe, J. (Mark L. Williams, Kirksville, for appellant) (Ryan J. Gallagher, Ashland, for respondent).
In the Matter of the Joint Application of Missouri-American Water Company and DCM Land, LLC (MLW No. 80390/Case No. SC99978 – 9 pages) (Supreme Court of Missouri, Fischer, J.) Appealed from the Missouri Public Service Commission (Lindsay Van Gerpen, Jefferson City, for appellant) (Jennifer Heintz and Carrie Bumgarner, Jefferson City; Sue A. Shultz, Anthony J. Soukenik and Timothy C. Sansone, St.[...]
Robinson v. Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (MLW No. 80392/Case No. SC99864 – 16 pages) (Supreme Court of Missouri, Breckenridge, J.) Appealed from circuit court, Cole County, Green, J. (Dana Tucker Redwing, Clayton; Neal F. Perryman, Michael L. Jente, Jacqueline K. Graves and Benjamin M. Farley, St. Louis; Stephen G. Jeffery, Chesterfield; Bryan O. Covinsky, Kansas City; Maria[...]
Entergy Arkansas, LLC v. Thomas (MLW No. 80349/Case No. 23-1228 – 7 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Gruender, J.) Appealed from U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, Miller, J. (Jordan Brown Tinsley, of Little Rock, AR for appellant; M. Shawn McMurray, of Little Rock, AR on the brief) (Sanford Ian Weisburst, of New York, NY for appellee; Grace E. Chang, of San Francisco,[...]
Cornice & Rose International, LLC v. Four Keys, LLC (MLW No. 80361/Case No. 22-1976 – 13 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, per curiam) Appealed from U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa, Reade, J. (Peter Craig Riley, of Cedar Rapids, IA for appellant) (Jacob W. Nelson, of Cedar Rapids, IA and Gregory Witke, of Des Moines, IA for appellees; Roger W. Stone, of Cedar Rapids,[...]
McNaught v. Nolen (MLW No. 80327/Case No. 22-3138 – 12 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Shepherd, J.) Petition for Review of an Order of the Federal Aviation Administration. (Tiernan Timothy Siems, of Omaha, NE for petitioner) (Brett D. Weingold, of Washington, D.C. for respondent)
In the Matter of the Petition of the Empire District Electric Company (MLW No. 80292/Case Nos. WD85800 & WD85801 – 29 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Hardwick, J.) Appealed from Public Service Commission (Diana C. Carter, Dean L. Cooper, Jefferson City; Sarah Knowlton, Concord, NH for appellant) (Shelley E. Brueggemann, Jennifer L. Heintz, John D. Borgmeyer, Nathan C. Wi[...]
Venture Communications Cooperative, Inc. v. James Valley Cooperative Telephone Company (MLW No. 80153/Case Nos. 22-2129 & 22-2190 – 11 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Loken, J.) Appealed from U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota, Lange, J. (Ari Scott Casper, of Baltimore, MD for appellant; Matthew A. Tysdal, of Sioux Falls, SD; Peter Heidepriem, of Sioux Falls, SD; and R[...]
Crown Diversified Industries Corp. v. Zimmerman (MLW No. 80152/Case No. ED110120 – 26 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District, Clark, J.) Appealed from circuit court, St. Louis County, May, J. (Jeremy D. Shook and Robert F. Murray, for appellant) (Mark R. Sanders, Christopher O. Bauman, and Patrick W. Keefe, for respondents)
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar
- Legal Limelight: Bill Bay, Partner, Thompson Coburn, St. Louis
- NIL new to college world, but not novel