Jan. 30, 2015
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Lawyer of the Year: Awarded to the Missouri lawyer who had the most profound impact on the law, the legal system or the legal community during 2014. Like all the Missouri Lawyers Awards, the award is for accomplishments during calendar year and not a career award.
- Tony Rothert, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri
Influential Lawyers: Awarded to the newsmakers, those Missouri lawyers who most influenced important legal events during 2014.
- St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch
- St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay
- U.S. District Judge Ronnie L. White
- State Sen. Jolie Justus, Rep. Stan Cox and Eric Jennings
Legal Champions: Awarded to plaintiffs or defense lawyers, not based on the size of verdicts, but the importance of the principle or policy at stake.
Influential Appellate Advocates: Awarded to the lawyers behind the most significant appellate decisions of the year.
Law Firm Leaders: Awarded to chairman, managing partners or other law firm executives who demonstrated extraordinary vision, innovation and leadership during the year.
Top V&S: These are the Missouri lawyers who received the largest or most trial victories in Missouri courts that were included in Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Verdicts and Settlements database. We are also honoring the largest settlements in the state.
Plaintiff’s attorney with the most reported verdicts/judgments:
- Daniel A. Thomas, Humphrey, Farrington & McClain, Independence
Plaintiff’s firm with the most reported verdicts/judgments:
- Brown & Crouppen, St. Louis
Attorneys securing the largest reported plaintiff verdicts/judgments:
- Jeremy D. Hollingshead and John M. Eccher of Hollingshead Eccher (St. Louis); Ryan M. Paulus of Paulus Law Firm (Kansas City)
- Jan Paul Miller and Matthew Guletz of Thompson Coburn (St. Louis); Kevin Sullivan of Sauter Sullivan (St. Louis)
- Matthew P. O’Grady of O’Grady Law Firm (St. Louis)
- Nelson G. Wolff and Jacob C. Murov of Schlichter, Bogard & Denton (St. Louis)
- Rob Sullivan and Tim Morgan of Sullivan Law (Kansas City); Erik Bergmanis of Bergmanis Law Firm (Camdenton)
Defense attorney with the most reported verdicts/judgments:
- Bradley R. Hansmann, Brown & James, St. Louis
Defense firm with the most reported verdicts/judgments:
- Brown & James, St. Louis
Attorneys securing the largest reported defense verdicts/judgments in the state:
- Karrie Clinkinbeard and Lynn Hursh of Armstrong Teasdale (Kansas City)
- Bradley R. Hansmann and Kevin M. Glynn of Brown & James (St. Louis)
- Kenneth W. Bean and Bobbie J. Moon of Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard (St. Louis); Kenneth Brostron of Lashly Baer (St. Louis); Jason L. Call of Call Gentry Law Group (Jefferson City);
- James Bennett, Gabriel Gore, Jennifer Aspinall and Megan Heinsz of Dowd Bennett (St. Louis);
- Stephen Moore and Jay Morris of Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith (St. Louis)
Attorneys securing the largest reported settlements in the state:
- Louis C. Accurso, Burton S. Haigh and Cory L. Atkins of The Accurso Law Firm (Kansas City)
- John Hoffman and Douglas Sprong of Korein Tillery (St. Louis); John Mulligan Jr. (Clayton); Howard Paperner of Howard Paperner PC (St. Louis)
- Roger Denton, Kristine Kraft and Ashley Brittain-Landers of Schlichter Bogard & Denton (St. Louis)
- Dan Welsh, Jill Rembusch and Stephen Hiotis of Summers Compton & Wells (St. Louis); James Meadows, John Holstein and Jennifer Growcock of Polsinelli (Springfield)
- Erich Vieth and John Campbell of Campbell Law (St. Louis)