The U.S. District Court in St. Louis has dismissed a high-profile antitrust, libel and slander case against five-time World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway.
A federal judge on Friday rejected a motion from Google to toss out the government's antirust case against it.
The Biden administration sued to block JetBlue Airways' $3.8 billion purchase of Spirit Airlines, saying Tuesday that the deal would reduce competition and drive up air fares for consumers.
D&G, Inc. v. SuperValu, Inc. (MLW No. 66431/Case No. 13-1297 – 15 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Riley, J.)
Facebook Inc.’s purchase of messaging startup WhatsApp Inc., which carries a $2 billion breakup fee, will probably avoid a U.S. antitrust challenge because of the dynamic market for mobile applications.
Apple Inc. doesn’t have to face an antitrust lawsuit by customers who accused it of maintaining a monopoly over music downloading through its iTunes stores, a federal appeals court ruled.
King Cole Foods, Inc. v. SuperValu, Inc. (MLW No. 64681/Case No. 11-3768/11-3773 – 19 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Shepherd, J.)
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar