The Weitz Company v. MacKenzie House, LLC, et al. (MLW No. 63060/Case No. 10-3713 – 11 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Benton, J.)
Major Saver Holdings, Inc. v. Education Funding Group, LLC (MLW No. 62864/Case No. WD73447/WD73493 – 19 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, per curiam)
Quinn v. St. Louis County (MLW No. 62708/Case No. 10-3332 – 13 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Shepherd, J.)
Myers v. Farm Bureau Town & Country Insurance Company of Missouri (MLW No. 62482/Case No. SD30238 – 16 pages)
Monarch Fire Protection District of St. Louis County v. Freedom Consulting & Auditing Services, Inc., et al. (MLW No. 62420/Case No. 10-1825 – 15 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Shepherd, J.)
Nutrisoya Foods, Inc. v. Sunrich, LLC (MLW No. 62301/Case No. 10-1288 – 13 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Smith, J.)
Safety National Casualty Corporation v. Austin Resolutions, Inc. (MLW No. 62047/Case No. 10-1851 – 9 pages) (U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, Gruender, J.)
A man who sought a piece of Pi has reached a confidential settlement with the restaurant.
Ryan Mangialardo sued the management company of the St. Louis-based pizzeria and owners Chris Sommers and Frank Uible for breach of contract, claiming they reneged on an agreement giving him a 2 percent interest in the company.
An ex-employee who sought a piece of Pi has reached a confidential settlement with the restaurant.
Barnett v. Davis (MLW No. 61976/Case No. WD72138 – 9 pages) (Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Mitchell, P.J.)
A seven-member federal jury unanimously found O’Fallon, Mo.-based MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. breached three international sales agreements with a South Korean company regarding the sale of silicon and polysilicon ingots.
An attorney for a pharmacy group purchasing organization this morning asked a jury in Jackson County to award more than $8.5 million in damages in a breach of contract dispute with a national pharmaceutical distributor.
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane