Anna C. Kister has joined HeplerBroom as an associate attorney in the firm’s St. Louis office.
Patrick A. Bousquet has joined HeplerBroom as a partner in the firm’s St. Louis office.
HeplerBroom has elected Adam McGonigle as a partner in its St. Louis office.
HeplerBroom has added three associate attorneys in the firm’s St. Louis office.
HeplerBroom has moved its Missouri office to the Peabody Building in downtown St. Louis.
Matthew Noce, a partner at HeplerBroom in St. Louis, has joined the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only global organization for attorneys who represent corporate and insurance interests. Noce’s litigation practice focuses on commercial trucking, premises liability and employment law matters, as well as defense of private and public schools and public utilities. He [&[...]
Despite a finding of breach of contract, St. Louis County jurors rendered a mixed verdict and awarded zero dollars to the Metropolitan Sewer District in its battle with a contractor about a collapsed sewer line. Thomas J. Magee of HeplerBroom represented defendant Gershenson Construction Company in the suit, in which MSD sought damages for replacement […]
In November 2018, 1.5 million Missourians voted “yes” on Amendment 2, legalizing medical marijuana as part of the state constitution. The overwhelming vote made Missouri the 33rd state to make cannabis legal in some form, even as it remains forbidden at the federal level. The legal implications were enormous and, for many Missouri lawyers, irresistible. […]
The Lawyers Association of St. Louis will present its 2019 Award of Honor to Gerard T. Noce, a partner at HeplerBroom, during its annual award dinner on Saturday, April 27 at the Marriott St. Louis Grand, 800 Washington Ave. Noce focuses his practice on trials involving complex business litigation matters, including professional and general negligence, clergy […]
HeplerBroom has added Kevin Birkenmeier and Christian Willenborg as partners in its Edwardsville, Illinois, office and Charles Insler as a partner in St. Louis. Birkenmeier concentrates on complex litigation matters, with a particular focus on asbestos and toxic tort matters. He is a 2012 graduate of Saint Louis University School of Law. Willenborg concentrates his […]
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane