Gov. Mike Parson has appointed three judges under the Nonpartisan Court Plan and filled two judicial vacancies in partisan circuits.
Judge Jalilah Otto has begun her two-year term as presiding judge of the Jackson County Circuit Court.
The Jackson County Circuit Court has appointed Beverly A. Newman as its new court administrator.
The Jackson County Circuit Court has announced plans to resume jury trials in late September and early October barring a “significant elevation” of COVID-19 infections.
A split panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a hospital can still charge a fee to a lawyer seeking medical records even though its search came up empty. The ruling could give ammunition to the defense in a class-action lawsuit pending in Jackson County Circuit Court seeking damages against health […]
Several courts and public legal organizations across Missouri and beyond have taken steps, including suspending jury trials and high-volume dockets, to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Sixteenth Circuit Judicial Commission has selected three finalists for the circuit judge vacancy in Division 11 of the Jackson County Circuit Court. The vacancy was created by the retirement of Judge George E. Wolf. The nominees are Adam L. Caine, Ashley N. Garrett and Susan E. Long. Caine is an assistant in the U.S. […]
One of the most hotly contested celebrity estates of recent years has triggered a new dispute in the Jackson County Circuit Court’s probate division. The dispute in Missouri stems from the death of the late pop superstar Prince, whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson. He died in April 2016 at age 57 in Minnesota […]
The Jackson County Circuit Court has elevated Deputy Probate Commissioner Jerri J. Zhang to the role of probate commissioner. Zhang will serve a four-year term. She succeeds Scott Manuel, who stepped down from the bench in February to join Kirkland Woods & Martinsen. Manuel had served in the probate division since 2014. Probate Judge Mark […]
The 16th Circuit Judicial Commission will interview 12 applicants on Feb. 25 for an expected vacancy on the Jackson County Circuit Court. Judge George E. Wolf announced he will leave the bench in March. Seven women and five are men have applied. There are three minority applicants. Three applicants work in the private sector and […]
After slightly more than two years on the bench, Jackson County Circuit Judge George E. Wolf III has announced his plans to retire in March. Wolf sent a letter to Gov. Mike Parson on Dec. 16 announcing his plans to retire from the bench on March 16, according to court spokeswoman Valerie Hartman. Hartman said […]
A Jackson County judge has ordered an Uber driver to pay $8.2 million to a woman who sued him for sexually assaulting her in 2017. According to court records, in December 2018, Judge Charles McKenzie entered a judgment on the merits on liability for the woman, identified as Jane Doe, after the driver, Yahkhahnahn Ammi, […]
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar
- Legal Limelight: Bill Bay, Partner, Thompson Coburn, St. Louis