The Missouri Supreme Court ruled that former lawyer Jim Wirken’s legal malpractice insurance doesn't cover some of the misdeeds that cost him his law license.
The Missouri Supreme Court disciplined 57 attorneys this year, including 23 disbarments, the highest number reported in recent years.
Former Kansas City attorney Jim Wirken was sentenced Wednesday to 13 months in prison on a federal money laundering charge.
Former Kansas City attorney Jim Wirken pleaded guilty Monday to a federal money laundering charge.
A split appeals court said a former client of disbarred attorney Jim Wirken can collect from Wirken’s legal malpractice insurance.
Former Kansas City lawyer Jim Wirken says he’ll appeal only part of a $230,000 jury verdict rendered against him last week.
A prominent small firm operator who recently jumped to a larger firm plans to go back out on his own after less than six months on the job. Jim Wirken says Friday is his last day as of counsel with McDowell, Rice, Smith & Buchanan in Kansas City.
When economic times are tough and business budgets are tight, some of a law firm’s best marketing tools can be the people under its own roof. It’s smart to use the contacts, time and talents of your firm’s lawyers and administrative staff to pursue everyday opportunities for promoting the business, say consultants who educate professional […]
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Missouri Lawyers Media’s legal coverage commended
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers