A Greene County jury sided with a southwest Missouri woman who sued her father after she was severely injured in a 2011 interstate accident in Oklahoma while on a family trip to Dallas.
A rear-end collision has resulted in a $10,000 verdict for the plaintiff in a case in which fault was not disputed.
A Buchanan County woman settled her personal injury lawsuit for $2.75 million in July.
The widow of a 54-year-old Excelsior Springs man killed in a November 2012 car crash in rural Clay County has settled a claim against the couple’s insurer.
A motorist who suffered a severely fractured leg during a collision has settled his claims for $317,500. The settlement included $67,500 in underinsured motorist coverage. “It was difficult to reach a settlement in this case because the parties had significant disagreements about the amount of the medical bills that would be allowed into evidence,” pursuant […]
A man injured when a school bus collided with his van won $500,000 from a jury in St. Louis. The jury found the man 10 percent at fault, which lowered the final amount to $450,000. John Sanders sued Durham School Services after the May 2007 accident. According to the lawsuit, Sanders was driving a van […]
The motor vehicle accident category always ranks high in our verdicts and settlements listings. Last week I noticed an article published by one of our sister publications, Lawyers USA, that detailed a recent California jury verdict of $49 million in a trucking accident. According to the article, the accident occurred when one truck driver fell […]
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane