There was a time when government, businesses, not-for-profits and other organizations relied almost completely on the news media, mostly newspapers, to spread their messages.
The anticipated sale of numerous lots and parcels at a foreclosure auction on Tuesday was delayed for a week to give Whittaker Builders Inc. and its lender, First Bank, time to strike a deal.
The biggest upset occurred in St. Charles where three-term Mayor Patti York lost her bid for another four-year term. State Rep. Sally Faith captured a little more than 52 percent of the vote in beating York.
Find out who has been recognized at local organizations and businesses.
It took a really lousy economy, but there now seems to be an increased interest in the area in entrepreneurship. The Economic Development Center of St. Charles County operates a business incubator at its headquarters facility in St. Peters. In the past, many of the unemployed people who visited the EDC took a tour of […]
In a move that took even her assistant by surprise, St. Charles Director of Economic Development Nadine Boon has resigned her position effective Sept. 10. Boon has served as the city’s chief economic developer for the past 16 years. When a reporter called Boon’s office Friday morning to discuss the resignation, her assistant Susie King […]
American Water Enterprises has acquired O’Fallon-based Environmental Management Corp. from The Linde Group of Germany. The purchase price was not disclosed. AWE is a subsidiary of Voorhees, N.J.-based American Water, a public U.S. water and wastewater utility company. EMC provides water and wastewater services, and has approximately 55 contracts with municipal and industrial customers in [&h[...]
Dr. Gendi joins SSM Clinic SSM St. Charles Clinic Medical Group has added Dr. Wahled Gendi to its internal medicine department on Wall Street in St. Charles. He sees patients age 16 and older. Dr. Gendi is an American citizen and has been working as a hospitalist at SSM Health Care’s hospitals in St. Charles and Lake Saint Louis […]
Chambers of commerce used to be the only game in town for businesses looking to promote themselves and perhaps get more involved in their communities. That is no longer the case, notes Scott Tate, president of the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce. Now there are organizations such as BNI (Business Network International) and ESPW (Encouraging, […]
Synergetics to sell some surgical equipment assets O’Fallon-based Synergetics USA Inc. has agreed to sell some of its surgical equipment assets to Michigan-based Stryker Corp. The purchase price was not disclosed. Synergetics said the agreement calls for it to sell marketing and sales assets relating to the Omni ultrasonic aspirator console products, used in surgery and manufactured by [...]
Is St. Charles haute enough to host a fashion week? If you ask Tom Hannegan, publisher of Streetscape Magazine and the brains behind the inaugural event, the answer is yes. “If you asked me five years ago, I’d say St. Charles wasn’t ready. But it’s time, and I’ve pulled out all the stops,” Hannegan said. […]
Several hundred people turned out last week at St. Charles West High School to determine if the federal government now says their homes are located in the 100-year floodplain, and whether there is anything they can do about it. The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently revised its floodplain maps for St. Charles, although the changes […]
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar