A central Pennsylvania school district is giving its tiger-head logo a face-lift after a complaint from the University of Missouri that the feline face was too similar to its own image.
University of Missouri-Columbia General Counsel Steve Owens and Deputy Chancellor Mike Middleton will lead the university as it searches for a new chancellor.
Many new partners at law firms in Missouri have at least this much in common: A degree from one of the state’s four law schools.
Courthouses in Kansas City, Columbia and St. Charles are among those closed for Tuesday's expected storm.
Gov. Jay Nixon has named two attorneys to the University of Missouri Board of Curators. Today he announced his picks of Cassville attorney Donald Cupps and Columbia attorney Craig Van Matre.
For years we’ve heard him on the radio, touting the joys and benefits of home ownership and exhorting us to visit The Mortgage Store for the best deal possible to realize that dream. A true self-starter, Rauschelbach studied business at the University of Missouri-Columbia and Fontbonne College. He found work as a broker at Stifel […]
* Shughart Thomson & Kilroy, shareholder * University of Missouri-Columbia * Commercial litigation Todd Bartels’ case files read like a “Who’s Who” of major commercial entities. He has worked on a number of important cases involving Fortune 500 companies, major insurance carriers, health care organizations and many other significant clientele. Bartels’ career mile[...]
* Park University, assistant general counsel * University of Missouri-Columbia * Education While a teacher is crucial to the education system, so are the people who protect that system. Courtney E. Goddard joined the Office of Vice President and General Counsel of Park University in Parkville in 2007 as the assistant general counsel to do […]
This isn’t the first time Ed Hunvald’s students have voted for him in great numbers. “Back when Lyndon Johnson was running for president, my students found out that there was an open seat for Boone County surveyor,” Hunvald recalled. “They got the idea that I would be perfect for the job. I ended up winning […]
Gov. Matt Blunt said Thursday he intends to appoint David H. Miller as Circuit Judge of the Eighth Judicial Circuit. Miller replaces Werner Moentmann who has resigned. Miller, 61, of Richmond, has served in the state’s public defender office as a district public defender since 1989. He holds a bachelor’s degree in public administration and […]
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar
- Legal Limelight: Bill Bay, Partner, Thompson Coburn, St. Louis