A contentious suit and countersuit over allegations of rape, drugging and defamation stemming from an insurance conference in St. Louis resulted in a $700,000 verdict for the plaintiff.
A Livingston County jury has rejected a plaintiff’s efforts to collect thousands of dollars of what he claimed were improperly withheld sales commissions from the Chillicothe company where he worked for a quarter-century before being fired on the cusp of his 60th birthday.
Three family members of a St. Louis man whose 2021 death sparked a legal fight over the proceeds of a $3.2M personal injury settlement with the city settled their lawsuit against a fourth beneficiary for more than $1.2M.
A second defendant in a pending antitrust class-action lawsuit against the real estate industry has settled for $55 million.
A St. Charles County jury awarded more than $2.35 million to a man who was severely injured when the battery in his vaping device exploded.
A St. Louis County jury awarded $745 million to the parents of a woman who was killed by a driver who had passed out after abusing nitrous oxide.
A welder who fell from an elevated platform while working at a manufacturing facility in St. Louis County reached an $850,000 settlement, according to his attorneys.
A woman injured in a highway-speed collision in southwestern Missouri reached a $2 million settlement, according to her attorney.
A Kansas City contractor injured in a 2020 motor vehicle collision in Eudora, Kansas while helping deliver appliances settled a claim against the company he was working with and its driver for $1 million, according to his attorneys.
A 9-month-old boy who suffered a severe traumatic brain injury in a boating accident in Missouri reached settlement totaling $23.71 million, according to a lawyer for the family.
In the wake of her mother’s murder, Amya Maddock stood little chance of any recompense from the man who killed her.
A Jackson County jury rejected a non-profit organization official’s claim that she faced age discrimination and retaliation when she was terminated.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar