Recent Articles from David Baugher
A contentious suit and countersuit over allegations of rape, drugging and defamation stemming from an insurance conference in St. Louis resulted in a $700,000 verdict for the plaintiff.
Lafayette County jurors decided against a state highway department supervisor who alleged his superior created a hostile work environment based on his age.
A grocery store is not liable for injuries a man suffered when a stranger assaulted him with an alcohol bottle, according to a St. Louis County jury.
A Jefferson County jury found that a shopping center bears the bulk of the liability damages for a woman who tripped over a curb.
St. Louis County jurors decided that an insurance company fairly compensated a couple who suffered a basement fire during a renovation project.
A woman injured in a collision with a man who fled the scene of the accident won a $500,000 award from a St. Louis County jury.
An Independence woman whose hand was mangled in a meat grinder will collect a $600,000 award thanks to an offer of judgment by the manufacturer.
A settlement of just over $100,000 will compensate two individuals involved in a June 2021 traffic accident in Independence.
Despite an admission of negligence by the defendant, a federal jury awarded no damages to a woman who claimed neck pain in the wake of a rear-end collision on Interstate 64.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar