Gov. Mike Parson has elevated a judge in each of two circuits, including a recently created one in Greene County.
The judges of the Jackson County Circuit Court appointed Michelle Dixon as the circuit’s newest family court commissioner.
The 6th Circuit Judicial Commission selected three people for a circuit judge vacancy that will be created when Judge Thomas C. Fincham retires at the end of the year.
The 21st Circuit Judicial Commission has selected two slates of finalists for two judicial vacancies in St. Louis County.
The Appellate Judicial Commission has nominated three finalists for an opening on the Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District.
Judge Mark D. Pfeiffer of the Missouri Court of Appeals Western District has been named president of the Council of Chief Judges of the State Courts of Appeal.
Gov. Mike Parson announced judicial appointments for the 12th and 36th Judicial Circuits.
A total of 27 people are applying for two vacancies on the St. Louis County Circuit Court.
The 31st Circuit Judicial Commission has nominated Rachel A. Riso, Jared Robertson and Nathan R. Taylor to fill a newly created judgeship on the Greene County Circuit Court.
Gov. Mike Parson has made appointments to fill two associate circuit judge vacancies in elected circuits.
Rimon PC, a law firm with 48 offices across five continents, announced on Oct. 26 it has opened a St. Louis office, bringing on board John Finger and James P. Sanders as partners.
After 15 years as a legal secretary at Walsh Law Firm, Barbara “BJ” Knapp started law school in 2020 and has now returned to the firm as an associate.
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane