A St. Louis jury awarded more than $18.25 million to a young girl who suffered permanent injuries after she was repeatedly brought to the emergency room but wasn’t admitted. Shortly after the May 22 verdict, the parties reached a confidential settlement that resolved the case. According to the plaintiffs’ attorneys at The Simon Law Firm, […]
The Simon Law Firm rarely hires anyone fresh out of law school. It made an exception for Patrick McPhail, who graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2017.
Saint Louis University has added a new degree, a master’s of science in human resources law.
Saint Louis University has appointed Michael J. Luna as vice president for human resources, effective March 9.
Saint Louis University School of Law is among the 25 law schools with the largest percent declines in enrollment, according to a new study by legal education magazine The National Jurist.
Many new partners at law firms in Missouri have at least this much in common: A degree from one of the state’s four law schools.
University of Missouri School of Law’s ranking dropped 14 spots in the new U.S. News & World Report law school ratings, while a new system means all four Missouri law schools are now ranked.
A university and the federal government have agreed to resolve a lawsuit over taxing medical residents.
Saint Louis University sued the U.S. government last fall alleging it overpaid $24.6 million in Social Security and Medicare taxes from 1995 through March 2005.
Several other teaching medical programs have made similar claims, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital, which sued se[...]
A university and the federal government have agreed to resolve a lawsuit over taxing medical residents. Saint Louis University sued the U.S. government last fall alleging it overpaid $24.6 million in Social Security and Medicare taxes from 1995 through March 2005. Several other teaching medical programs have made similar claims, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital, which sued […]
Sandra Johnson, former professor of law and health care ethics at Saint Louis University, will serve as the law school's interim dean beginning July 1.
Saint Louis University School of Law’s two moot court teams placed first and second in a regional competition over the weekend. But, due to competition rules, only one team will be allowed to participate in the National Moot Court Competition. The SLU Moot Court Team’s performance is the first time in memory that a law […]
The Missouri Supreme Court upheld an $825,000 medical malpractice verdict, finding that a videotaped news interview with the plaintiff did not warrant a new trial. Last November the Missouri Court of Appeals in St. Louis threw out the verdict and ordered a new trial. The disputed videotape was a 2001 local news story about how […]
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane