For the first time, Missouri Lawyers Weekly will honor 25 attorneys from around the state with its ICON Awards for their notable and sustained success and leadership both within and beyond the field of law.
The 2018 ICON Awards will be presented to 25 distinguished men and women attorneys age 60 and older in recognition of their exemplary careers and longstanding commitment to the Missouri legal community. Whether active or retired, honorees must hold or have held a senior position with significant decision-making authority for their firm or organization.
The list of 2018 honorees includes judges, founding partners, mediators, a former U.S. Senator and legal scholars. Their accomplishments will be celebrated at the inaugural ICON Awards luncheon, set for 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, June 1 at the Missouri Athletic Club in St. Louis.
Honorees also will be profiled in print and online in a special section of Missouri Lawyers Weekly, to be published May 28. For information on the event or to purchase tickets, for tickets call or email Kathleen Maugh at (314) 558-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 honorees are:
• Timothy Aylward, co-founder and partner, Horn Aylward & Bandy
● W.H. (Bert) Bates, senior counsel, Lathrop Gage
● Susan Block, partner, Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal
● Kenneth Brostron, member and former president, Lashly & Baer
● David Capes, of counsel, Capes Sokol
● Donald R. Carmody, principal, Carmody MacDonald
● John Cowden, co-chair, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice
● Terry Crouppen, founding partner, Brown & Crouppen
● John Danforth, partner, Dowd Bennett
● James B. Deutsch, managing member, Blitz, Bardgett & Deutsch
● Dennis Egan, partner, The Popham Law Firm
● Sandra Farragut-Hemphill, circuit judge, St. Louis County
● Dorothy White-Coleman, principal of firm, White Coleman & Associates
● Maurice Graham, president, Gray, Ritter & Graham
● William Grant, attorney, Grant, Miller & Smith
● Jon R. Gray, partner, Shook Hardy & Bacon
● Stephen Limbaugh, senior counsel, Armstrong Teasdale
● Rebecca Magruder, mediator and attorney, Rebecca T. Magruder, MSW JD
● James Polsinelli, shareholder, Polsinelli
● Brendan Ryan, retired judge and neutral, Alaris ADR Services
● Howard Sachs, senior district judge, U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
● John Sandberg, shareholder, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard
● Mary W. Sheffield, judge, Missouri Court of Appeals Southern District
● Charlie Weiss, attorney-partner, Bryan Cave
● Michael Wolff, dean emeritus, Saint Louis University School of Law