For the second time, Missouri Lawyers Media will honor 27 attorneys from around the state with its ICON Awards for their notable and sustained success and leadership both within and beyond the field of law.
The ICON Awards, launched in 2018, are presented to distinguished men and women attorneys age 60 and older in recognition of their exemplary careers and longstanding commitment to the Missouri legal community. Whether active or retired, honorees must hold or have held a senior position with significant decision-making authority for their firm or organization.
The list of 2019 honorees includes founding partners, judges and public officials. Their accomplishments will be celebrated at the second annual ICON Awards luncheon, set for 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, May 31 at the Missouri Athletic Club in St. Louis.
Honorees also will be profiled in print and online in a special section of Missouri Lawyers Weekly, to be published May 27.
The 2019 honorees are:
- John Fox Arnold, shareholder, Lashly & Baer
- Gene Balloun, retired partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- Kenneth W. Bean, shareholder and founding member, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard
- Robert Blitz, founding member, Blitz, Bardgett & Deutsch
- Jean Paul Bradshaw II, partner in charge, Lathrop Gage
- Alisse Camazine, founding partner, Paule, Camazine & Blumenthal
- Judge Anne-Marie Clarke, St. Louis City Circuit Court, retired
- Joseph Cordell, co-founder and principal partner, Cordell & Cordell
- John Dillane, officer, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale
- Dale Doerhoff, partner, Cook Vetter Doerhoff & Landwehr
- Charles W. German, founding shareholder, German May
- Robert Haar, founding partner, Haar & Woods
- James P. Holloran, partner, Holloran Schwartz & Gaertner
- William C. Martucci, partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- W. Dudley McCarter, partner, Behr, McCarter & Potter
- Charles McElyea, managing partner, Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch
- Marian “Bo” Mehan, co-chair of Estate Planning Department, Lewis Rice
- Thomas Mickes, firm chairman, Mickes O’Toole
- Robert F. Ritter, chairman, Gray, Ritter & Graham
- Kevin C. Roberts, partner, Roberts Wooten & Zimmer
- Phillip (Chuck) Rouse, founder and managing officer, Rouse Frets White Goss Gentile Rhodes
- Donald Schlapprizzi, founder and president, Schlapprizzi Attorneys at Law
- Kenneth H. Suelthaus, shareholder, Polsinelli
- Mavis Thompson, City of St. Louis license collector
- Kenneth Vuylsteke, partner, Fox & Vuylsteke
- Judge John Wiggins, 25th & 42nd Circuit Court, retired
- Ferne P. Wolf, partner, Silverstein Wolf