Gunnar T. Johanson has joined Stinson as a litigation associate in its St. Louis office.
Stinson has elected seven attorneys in Missouri to the firm's partnership, effective Jan. 1. They are among 11 attorneys promoted firmwide.
Stinson has added four new associates in Kansas City and St. Louis. They are among 17 members of the firm’s 2022 fall associate class.
Stinson announced that 17 associates have joined the firm as members of the firm's 2022 fall associate class, including four in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Stinson has selected its former managing partner Mark Hinderks as its 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award recipient.
Andrew Ostapko has joined Stinson’s Kansas City office as a partner in the corporate finance practice group.
In retrospect, Stinson has been working for more than a decade on the transition for its next managing partner.
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s Neighborhood Vacancy Initiative this month marks two years of renovating or demolishing vacant properties in St. Louis communities.
A dozen law firms either headquartered in Missouri or with a footprint in the state received top marks for their commitment to fostering LGBTQ equality in the workplace. On Jan. 21, the Human Rights Campaign issued its annual Corporate Equality Index for 2020. The index, which began in 2002, rates companies on their non-discrimination policies, […]
In November 2018, 1.5 million Missourians voted “yes” on Amendment 2, legalizing medical marijuana as part of the state constitution. The overwhelming vote made Missouri the 33rd state to make cannabis legal in some form, even as it remains forbidden at the federal level. The legal implications were enormous and, for many Missouri lawyers, irresistible. […]
Location: Kansas City Practice Area(s): Real estate development, public finance Law School: Emory University Judd Treeman says that if he hadn’t been a lawyer, he might have just as easily been a philosophy professor, a theoretical physicist or a fishing guide. Instead, he’s negotiated more than $3 billion in complex business deals nationwide. Operating in […]
2018 was a growth year for most of Missouri’s largest firms. A year ago, Missouri had eight law firms with $100 million or more in revenue. Today, Spencer Fane’s phenomenal growth has increased that count to nine. Polsinelli, Husch Blackwell, Stinson, Thompson Coburn and Armstrong Teasdale all saw higher revenue as well, with Polsinelli and […]
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane