Recent Articles from Kelly Wiese
The plaintiffs alleged that Rothman advertised a special in 2009 in which customers who bought $600 - $1,200 worth of furniture would qualify for free gasoline and groceries worth $600 - $1,200. But the plaintiffs allege the store didn’t provide for the freebies as promised, and they sued under the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
A St. Louis County jury has awarded $48.4 million to a bioenergy company that sued Chicago Title Insurance Co. for negligence.
A women’s shelter in Columbia has agreed to pay $103,000 to resolve a lawsuit filed by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging unlawful retaliation.
A Clay County jury has ruled in favor of the plaintiffs in the latest case against a Kansas City area car dealer to reach trial out of more than 200 pending cases.
A federal judge has given final approval to a $1 million class action settlement involving a mortgage broker.
Missouri Bar President-Elect Lynn Ann Vogel and her husband, Paul, have asked a federal judge to dismiss the claims made against them in an investors’ lawsuit over an alleged Ponzi scheme.
St. Louis lawyer and cleric Martin Sigillito turned himself in to authorities today after being indicted. A federal grand jury indicted Sigillito on multiple charges, including numerous counts of wire fraud, mail fraud and money laundering. Prosecutors say the Ponzi scheme cheated people out of $52 million.
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar