Recent Articles from Christine Simmons
Ambitious expansion plans helped push up revenue at some of Missouri’s largest law firms last year, while higher productivity — measured by revenue per lawyer — sometimes followed.
Some Missouri law firms have hiked promotions within their real estate groups, a legal practice once stifled by the recession.
The former general counsel of a Kansas City college preparation and access program has joined Husch Blackwell’s real estate and development group.
A single mother with a 16-month-old daughter, Lynette Reed made a big decision last summer. She left her associate position at Husch Blackwell to go in-house at H&R Block in Kansas City.
Flexible schedules, mentoring, networking, time off and leave, women’s initiatives — you name the method, and many Missouri law firms are trying it. The initiatives are designed to encourage, retain and advance female lawyers in their firms.
Charles Steib, at the Law Firm of Charles Steib in Des Peres, was elected as chairman of the board of directors of the Big Game Hunters Club of St. Louis. The club is an organization of hunters that raises money for the education of youth and women in hunting and fishing. Steib is a solo practitioner who focuses on civil trial work.
- Immigration: Asylum-Withholding of Removal-Appellate Jurisdiction
- Criminal Law: Child Pornography-Bottom-of-Guidelines Sentence-Substantive Reasonableness of Sentence
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Nurse entitled to disability benefits despite working months after accident, Supreme Court rules
- Eastern District rules 10 cases against TitleMax may proceed without arbitration
- Supreme Court declines to hear Republican appeals on abortion ballot initiatives
- Cole County jury awards $1.56 billion in Roundup case headed for appeal
- Jury gives massive award after fleeing suspect causes fatal crash
- 8th Circuit tosses suit claiming false sale prices
- Attorney general releases report on Kim Gardner investigation
- Legal Limelight: Jason C. Smith, Office Managing Partner, Spencer Fane