A federal court ruling cleared the way Tuesday for OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma’s settlement of thousands of legal claims over the toll of opioids.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals revived a dismissed putative class-action lawsuit against General Motors over an alleged engine defect causing excess oil consumption.
CenturyLink’s nine-point appeal of a judgment in favor of two Missouri cities received a mostly favorable review from the Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District.
Attorneys who worked to secure settlements topping $1 billion in the collapse of a beachfront Florida condominium building in which 98 people died are requesting about $100 million in fees and costs, according to a new court filing.
A Jackson County circuit judge has preliminarily approved a $56 million class-action settlement that would allow governmental agencies to recover the costs of replacing faulty safety equipment on Missouri roadways.
A recent decision of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals obliterated a $333,600 class action settlement that a federal judge approved more than five years ago.
A federal appeals court has upheld a $34.3 million jury verdict in a class action suit alleging State Farm Life Insurance Company systematically overcharged universal life insurance policyholders after ruling a policy provision outlining cost-of-insurance rates was ambiguous.
A federal judge has ruled that two insurers are not obligated to provide coverage for damages the Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union incurred while defending itself against a consumer class action lawsuit that resulted in an $83 million settlement. On April 6, U.S. District Judge Catherine D. Perry sided with Travelers Property Casualty Company of America […]
A federal judge has approved more than $3.3 million in attorneys’ fees and costs following the settlement of a class action lawsuit alleging that Missouri overprescribed psychotropic drugs to children in foster care. In an April 3 order, U.S. District Judge Nanette K. Laughrey awarded a total of $3,253,651 in fees and $132,907 in expenses […]
The city of Ferguson, Missouri, has agreed to a $1.7 million settlement of a class-action lawsuit that accused its municipal court of charging illegal court fees, attorneys involved in the case said Wednesday. A judge on Tuesday approved a preliminary settlement. A final hearing is scheduled for May 6. The class-action lawsuit was among several […]
A federal appeals court has upheld the award of $2.39 million in attorneys’ fees in a long-running class-action suit against Bass Pro Outdoor World and its subsidiaries. On Dec. 4, a three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the award, plus the award of $700,000 in costs to the class members, […]
A federal lawsuit alleges that St. Louis police officers mistreated scores of protesters in a police “kettle” during a demonstration two years ago. The suit was filed this week against the city and 343 officers and officials, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. It is seeking class-action status over the tactic known as “kettling,” in which […]
- Criminal Law: Child Abuse-Sufficiency Of Evidence-Closing Argument
- Civil Rights: Religious Freedom-RLUIPA-Res Judicata
- Civil Practice: Res Judicata-Stop Work Order
- Immigration: Drug Conviction-Removability-Overbreadth of State Offense
- Civil Practice: Asset Forfeiture-Sanctions
- Civil Rights: Due Process-Failure to State Claim
- Probate : Revocable Trust – Amendment – Reformation
- Employer – Employee : Unpaid Commissions – At-Will Status
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Effectiveness Of Counsel – Conflict Of Interest
- Appellate Practice : Jurisdiction – Final Judgment
- Domestic Relations : Parenting Plan – Child Support
- Criminal Law : Post-Conviction Relief – Guilty Plea – Sentence Advice
- Cole County prosecutor loses third Sunshine Law appeal
- Supreme Court weighs lagging symptoms in work comp case
- New accommodation rights for pregnant workers offer broad protections
- Clark named as next Eastern District chief judge
- Russell reflects on change as women take charge of Missouri’s legal system
- NCAA scores positive gender equity review from St. Louis firm
- Big improvements for Missouri bar takers | List of bar passers
- Athena Dickson named vice-president of Missouri Bar